Thursday, October 27, 2011

spirit fingers






Anytime a trend can be explained as "like the girls on Pretty Little Liars and Vanessa Hudgens," as a 23-year-old, I tend to rethink it. I just can't shake the one off-color (or accent, ring finger, two-tone, whatever you want to call it) manicure, though.

I've experimented with different types to find one that's still fun but not tweeny. On my first attempt I used muted blue for most of the nails and metallic green as an accent. My second go-round I used matte nude polish with a splash of neon pink on two fingers. I was partial to this color scheme. However, 1) I got in a car accident on the way home from the manicure, so now I think it's bad luck and 2) Everyone at work was asking why I only painted one nail on each hand, since the nude blended in with my fingers so well. The most recent time I tried, I was going for subtlety but definitely took it too far. The murky blue "off" color matched so well with the greenish-gray of the other nails that most people didn't notice I was rocking two tones.

Next time, I'll take a note from some of the ladies above and mix a metallic shade with another, more opaque shade on the opposite side of the color spectrum

No comments:

Post a Comment