Tuesday, November 29, 2011

peace at the palace





Look at Kate Middleton! Throwing us a curveball. I'm liking it! Despite my love-hate relationship with Pippa, I usually find her the more adventurous of the sisters. However, I really admire Kate's high level of taste and, as I mentioned, enviable tailoring. So imagine my delight when I saw that Kate wore a dress that combined those things with a look that is actually age appropriate for a 20-something.

She wore this amazing green Mulberry dress to a media reception at Buckingham palace and it's my favorite thing I've seen her wear in a while. First of all, it's trendy without being tacky. It's a jewel-tone, pleated, midi, shirt dress, with a peter pan collar, all which make it totally runway ready. On top of that, it's jacquard, which is awesome. The icing on the cake is the understated peace sign pattern. If William and Kate are supposed to represent the modernization of the monarchy, this is absolutely the way the Duchess should be dressing. Bravo, Ms. Middleton!

No comments:

Post a Comment