Monday, October 21, 2013

mad for loving plaid?

I don't know what's gotten into me recently, but I can't get over the idea of a plaid midi skirt with a crop top. Plaid skirts in any form have completely captivated me. Now, I had to wear a plaid skirt as a uniform for 12 years of my life. So you can be sure that the mystique of the plaid skirt was lost on me. I didn't get the sexy school girl thing, or the proper British look. To me, my black watch plaid kilt went had-in-hand with going to school every day. That's not to say I hated it. I was actually a fan of having a uniform and loved the basic piece that we had to wear with polo shirts. I just was not going to entertain the idea of plaid skirts outside of the classroom.

So I guess now I'm just far enough removed from school to appreciate this wardrobe classic. The plaid skirt looks best when it's taken up a notch. It can be sexed up with stilettos and jewels, or juxtaposed with a sweatshirt. The key is to take this look in the opposite direction of knee high socks and loafers.
1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

No comments:

Post a Comment