Friday, April 27, 2012

paule marrot





A few months ago I inquired about the amazing art in this picture featured on I Suwannee. Well I was browsing Dwell Studio and stumbled across the same beautiful piece.

The "painting" is actually a textile from French artist Paule Marrot's archives. Marrot was an artist and textile designer in the twentieth century. Her bold colors and modern patterns are associated with the Art Deco movement. She hobnobbed with royalty and Jacqueline Kennedy actually based the decor of a White House room on one of her pieces.

I adore the bright colors and whimsical prints in Marrot's work. "Feathers" is still my favorite, but I can't stop looking at "Clouds." A couple of pieces are being sold at Dwell Studio, but you can check out her whole collection at her website. You can even buy rugs and furniture. I would love to get my hands on this carpet. They're out of my price range, but I'm daydreaming about filling a future home with this beautiful art.

No comments:

Post a Comment