Friday, March 16, 2012

erin go bragh









Happy St. Patrick's Day my little lassies! As a redhead, it's mandatory that I love this holiday. Not to mention, I'm like 150% Irish (okay, not quite), and my siblings and I sound like we're saints or leprechauns with our ultra-Irish names. We're members of an O-apostrophe clan!

Needless to say, I love having my soda bread, Guiness and potatoes on Saint Patrick's Day (super low-carb). My family is abandoning me for Boston (the ultra-Irish home of the Celtics of all places!) to celebrate our homeland's famous holiday. I'm still conjuring up what my signature cocktail of the day will be and brainstorming Irish recipes. The one thing I don't need to worry about is an outfit. Being as Irish as I look, I abstain from wearing green. My hair is my Irish flair!

So as you celebrate, remember that on St. Patrick's Day, everyone's Irish! I hope you drink, laugh, pray, curse and get red in the face like the Irish. I leave you with one of my favorite Irish blessings:

Wishing you always...
Walls for the wind,
A roof for the rain
And tea beside the fire.
Laughter to cheer you,
Those you love near you,
And all that your heart may desire.

Cheers!

Images via Pinterest.com and WeHeartIt.com

2 comments: