Friday, March 9, 2012

wish i was wearing


I love the new printed pants trend that has been everywhere lately. Unfortunately, I haven't found a pair that fits me just right. The jeans seem like they should be looser and the trousers seem matronly. I'm still on the hunt for the perfect pair, though! I'm also crazy about mixing floral with animal prints. It seems outrageous, but when done right, it looks so fun and glamorous. This J. Crew bag is perfect for the seasonal transition.

I'm also happy to announce that I am officially retiring my down puffer jacket! Despite the fact that it's still pretty chilly at 4 a.m. when I get to work, I think I can swap out my winter coat for a lighter jacket. March is awesome but tricky at the same time because it's definitely not the dead of Winter anymore, but it's not full-fledged Spring. I like to ease into my warm weather wardrobe by replacing Winter staples, like gloves, boots and tights with lighter layers, such as blazers, cropped pants and bare legs, but sticking with some sweaters, tweeds and light scarves. I also mix some lighter colors, like mint (and maybe yellow!) in with the Winter standards like gray, forest green and black. In a few weeks, my closet will be fully transformed into its Spring glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment