Thursday, January 19, 2012

lip service











I have this new obsession with Lana Del Rey. Not so much her music; I mean, I actually love it and think it sounds so cool, but I can't get behind her lyrics. She just sounds very un-girl-power, and I'm pretty pro-girl-power. If it all ends up being a sociological statement about society and gender as my brother tried to predict (but his credibility was shot down when he originally claimed that Katy Perry was actually satiric, pulling the wool over everyone's eyes... until he heard "Firework"), I'd be ecstatic and appreciate her sad, romantic music even more.

But I digress: What I can't get over is how insanely gorgeous Lana is. I don't know if it's because I'm a redhead and she often sports thick, shiny, ginger hair, or if it's because she looks so different and exotic (I know about the hullabaloo surrounding her supposed plastic surgery, but you can't say she's not gorgeous) but I just think she's so beautiful.

I think my semi-strange obsession with her may be behind my latest beauty fixation: nude lipstick. Sure, it's hard to get past the hotly debated size of her pout, but if you do, there's no denying how awesome the color of her lipstick is. She wears dark eyeliner and mascara, a little bronzer and blush and keeps the rest of her makeup minimal, especially her lips. They tend to be matte and almost the same color as her skin.

Now I'm on a quest to find the perfect nude lipstick to start rocking myself. My love, Erika Bearman (@OscarPRGirl) recently said she likes MAC's Creme D'Nude, but her coloring is so different than mine. I need to find something that works for a peaches and cream complexion, but doesn't wash me out or make me look dead. Any recommendations?

5 comments:

  1. gorgeous pictures! I love that soft pink lip! I need to check out the Mac stuff that Erika recommends!

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I need lips like these. These pictures are beautiful. Thanks for sharing! :)

    www.glamorsham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post just made me really jealous!!!

    http://styleservings.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just been introduced to her music and love the sound. I had no idea how gorgeous she is! WOW

    xo Victoria
    www.curiouschase.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It kind of makes you love her more, no?

      XO,
      Doux Rousse

      Delete