Monday, January 23, 2012

twinkle toes






A few months ago I sustained a high heel injury. Yep... After wearing pumps and wedges so often, my feet and ankles were so tight and out of whack, I got tendinitis when I tried to wear flat shoes. Ever since then, I've incorporated more flats into my wardrobe.

It's become sort of an addiction. I've amassed quite the collection of ballet flats, loafers, smoking shoes, slip-ons and sneakers. Apparently I'm not alone in my new found love affair with more practical footwear. Taylor, of the fabulous Sterling Style, recently started a fun new Tumblr, Chic in Flats.

For me, the key to rocking flats regularly is to keep the shoes fun and the rest of the ensemble young and fresh. I'm pretty sure I would never wear a pair with a pencil skirt or floor-length slacks. I'm particularly drawn to printed or textured pairs, like calf hair or glitter, and I love using them as a juxtaposition to the other patterns or vibe of the rest of my outfit.

The latest pair of heelless shoes I'm lusting over are the J. Crew Darby Glitter Loafers. Available in silver and gold, they're the perfect way to make flats look stylish and avoid looking stale and boring. They're currently more than 50% off and available in almost every size. I'm usually partial to gold, but I may mix it up and add a cool metallic to my shoe collection.





4 comments:

  1. I love these shoes! I am going to brave the rain at lunch to try on these at JCrew!! Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you get them, let me know if you love them! I might wait for one of J. Crew's crazy sales on sale items and get them for like $60!

      XO,
      Doux Rousse

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, those shoes are amazing! Now I'm lusting after them too! haha ;)
    keepcalmandcarrylipstick.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete