Wednesday, May 30, 2012

co-ords







I've never had as natural of a knack for men's fashion as I have for women's. I'm unsure of what's appropriate for certain events, what prints go with which ties, etc. Anytime I try to dress a male family member or my boyfriend, I feel like I want to make them look like Brad Goreski. When I edit back and show restraint, they pretty much look like they do when they dress themselves.

Part of my confusion has to do with suits. I always encourage the men in my life to buy suits. I feel like they can wear the separates in different ways, as well as together. While I'm not sure if it actually works this way, I'm certain that the new trend in women's fashion is made to add diversity to a wardrobe.

A bunch of different retailers are selling matching tops and bottoms this season. From my beloved crop tops and pencil skirts, to matching blouses and shorts, suit-inspired dressing is definitely on trend. Leave it to Topshop to make online shopping that much easier by selling these looks together in their "Co-ords" section. I'm not sure if this online department is new, but right now it's packed with adorable two piece outfits. The looks are adorable paired together, but can also be mixed with other pieces. I love that they sell the pieces individually, too, in case you're a different size on top than bottom. I'm obsessed with the Swan Print Bralet and Skirt. They look amazing together, or I might throw a white blazer on top, and both pieces would look amazing in different outfits.

No comments:

Post a Comment