Friday, May 4, 2012

umm... okay, free people



Free People has always been a go-to for my more alternative fashion pieces. In that way, it's kind of timeless. I still have embroidered tanks from high school that are just as boho-chic now as they were then. That being said, I'm not sure how I feel about the appearance of trucker hats in their May lookbook. It's actually kind of cool in a tacky, kitsch way. Don't get me wrong, I will not be rocking one of these this summer (thought I definitely did back in my Free People prime in high school), but I don't hate the look as much as I thought I would. Combined with swimwear and tans, it has a Britney-Spears-Pepsi-commercial-era feel. It kind of epitomizes the summer mentality of dressing casually and effortlessly. I'm not so sure I'd wear a neon, crocheted monokini or a floral bodysuit, either, but I definitely appreciate the aesthetic.

Images via Free People

No comments:

Post a Comment