Thursday, May 24, 2012

so we beat on, boats against the current



 
The trailer for The Great Gatsby is just too much from me. From the Jay-Z/Kanye intro, to the Baz Luhrman-signature party scene, I literally got pumped up watching it. It doesn't hurt that The Great Gatsby is my favorite book ever, and I love Carey Mulligan. Plus, the last time Baz Luhrman and Leo got together, we got Romeo + Juliet, so this is sure to be amazing.

The fact that the movie is in 3D (don't know how I feel about that), and knowing the director's style, the film will definitely be heavily based on aesthetics. Considering the amazing Jazz Age wardrobe, I'm pretty excited about this. I'm dying over the white suits, fur stoles and head wraps.

Possibly in anticipation of the movie, flapper and 20's style was all over the runway this year (I talked about Ralph Laurens show here). The Great Gatsby look can be emulated literally, or more interpretively. Channel Daisy Buchanan in a silk swing dress with mary janes and pearls, or combine the feminine and masculine styles with a girlie, lavender dress (that seems to be Daisy's color in this film) and cream brogues.

Rag & Bone Sophie Dress // Alberta Ferretti Feather Cape // Topshop Maddie Lemon Eva Sole Brogues // Marni Edition Mary Janes // Stella & Dot Soiree Pearl Pave Bracelet // Aspinal of London Pink Butterfly Silk Scarf // BCBG Paisley Rhinestone Headband // MAC Lipstick // Eternal Child Sunday Dress

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait for the movie to come out and love your collage! I'm a new follower on bloglovin.
    xo,
    www.abitofsass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete