Friday, May 18, 2012

strong arm


I love pieces that add diversity to my wardrobe. My closet is full of collared shirts, blazers and feminine skirts, sometimes I need some more casual, masculine pieces to break up the girliness. A good muscle tee does just that.

Over the past few weeks I've picked up some great cutoff t-shirts that give me some much more edgier outfit options. The obvious choice to wear with these tops is jean cutoffs or boyfriend jeans. I mean, these are pretty much hipster's uniforms. They'd look great with a fringe bag and bell bottom jeans, but I prefer to juxtaposition of a sophisticated look with a grungier piece thrown in. I'm looking forward to pairing them with a cute pencil skirt, or dark skinnies with pointy toe heels.

A lot of these tops have open armholes and sheer fabric, so they also look great with pretty underpinnings like lace or neon. In fact, I thought the armholes on one of the shirts I bought were a little high, so I just cut a little more off. It was so easy, I'm considering going to the thrift store and buying some old t-shirts and making some cutoff tanks of my own!

a. Chaser Slash Vintage Muscle Tee // b. Truly Madly Deeply Studded Bolt Tank // c. Doe Knicks Muscle Tee // d. Chaser LA Life & Death Iron Maiden Destroyed Muscle Tee // e. Lauren Moshi Effie Color Rasta Lion Muscle Tee // f. Nasty Gal Galaxy Tee // g. Daydreamer LA Drop-Arm Tank // h. Daydreamer LA Strange Paradise Slashed Muscle Tee // i. Daydreamer LA Hypnotic Gaze Muscle Tee // j. Billabong Freedom Tee // k. Chaser Anthrax Skater Muscle Tee // l. Wildfox Couture Live Fast Cut Off Trailer Tank

Check out some of the different ways to style this look.



1 comment:

  1. Where does the neon green skirt come from?? I LOVE IT !!!!!!! Want the same :-)

    Great post

    www.liveyoungabroad.com

    ReplyDelete