Tuesday, May 8, 2012

met ball





















It's pretty much a goal of mine to go to the Met Gala one day. It's like the Superbowl of fashion. All rules are cast aside and designers lend A-list attendees their most fabulous pieces. The colors on last night's red carpet were amazing. I loved the bright citrus hues and the range of blush tones. Metallic dresses had unique patterns and the blacks were anything but basic with textures in everything from reptile to jacquard. The different hemlines were so fun. The feathers and trains were beautiful and I'm obsessed with Marion Cotillard's sheer plum skirt. I'm sure they'll be controversial, but I think Lily Collins' and Sarah Jessica Parker's Valentino's are gorgeous. I adore all the pretty pinks. I love Allison Williams' Ralph Lauren, Amber Heard's Zac Posen and Emily Blunt's Calvin Klein. My absolute favorite look may be Diane Kruger's. It's a nontraditional silhouette and the bodice, hair and accessories give the glamorous look a surfer-chic twist.

Images via People

2 comments:

  1. I love these dresses- especially Emma Stone's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adored Jess Alba's look the most, but I can't see it on here. But so many outfits were amazing! Hopefully you can stop by my blog again soon :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete