Tuesday, October 25, 2011

come on get happy








 

When I was getting ready to move into my new apartment, I spent hours online, especially on Tumblr, trying to find the perfect inspirational images. I wanted something fun and young, but still chic and put-together and manageable on a very (very, very) small budget.

A ton of the images that I came across happened to come from Jonathan Adler. I quickly couldn't get enough of his colorful, pop aesthetic and ran out to buy two of his books: Happy Chic Colors and Happy Chic Accessorizing.

I've totally adopted Adler's message. His focus is on fun, aesthetically pleasing items that reflect the person living in the home. The best part about his look is that anyone can emulate it, with or without his actual products. Despite my devotion to the decor guru, I'm one of those people who tries to achieve his style without having bought anything from his line.

Imagine my glee when I was walking down Fillmore St. in San Francisco on short vacation last weekend and ended up in the Jonathan Adler store!

It was even more inspiring to see his funky vignettes and designs in person than it was online. I didn't feel like shipping items across the country, so I didn't pick anything up, but I'm plotting my online order now.

I love the lucite monogrammed trays and funky coasters. The moroccan poufs would be perfect in my living room. The first thing on my list, however, is a pink letter pillow.

No comments:

Post a Comment