Tuesday, October 11, 2011

running wild




I have an addiction to button-up blouses. I can't get enough of them and can't stop buying them. I find myself making excuses (like all addicts do) for purchasing blouse, after blouse, after blouse. But, they are so versatile; They're a no-brainer for work, and super chic with sky high boots on the weekend, and they work with everything! See, I'm doing it now. I can't stop. But I swear, you'll buy my excuse for this one.

Marc by Marc Jacobs Fall 2011 has these adorable literal animal print blouses--one print features running deer and is more colorful and the other is tonal browns and has panthers. I've been lusting over them for a while now--imagining mixing them with more traditional prints like thick stripes or polka dots, or under solid blazers for an unexpected pop.

At $400, they're pretty solidly outside of my price range. Leave it to H&M, though, to come through for me with this horse themed number. I'm not sure if it's intended to be a knockoff of Marc's, but I scooped it up immediately.

So far I've worn it to work buttoned all the way up under a cream crew neck sweater with loafers and with an army green vest, leopard scarf and booties for a date.

No comments:

Post a Comment