Tuesday, October 11, 2011

girl crush: mindy kaling

I love Kelly Kapoor. In fact, I identify with her... a strange amount. When people tell me I'm just like Kelly, I take it as a compliment, even if they might not mean for it to be. Yes, she may be over the top, but she's snarky, funny, a hopeless romantic, and she's fabulous. She doesn't let the fact that she works in a paper company in Pennsylvania stop her from living her life like she's on a reality show... which I've been accused of. Actually, I guess the premise of The Office is that she is on a reality show... what's my excuse?

As much as I love Kelly, I love Mindy Kaling, the woman who plays her, even more. The best kind of girl crush is one you can totally stalk and Mindy fits that requirement. While Kelly has a smaller part on The Office, Mindy is actually a writer for the show, so you can get your dose of Kaling through the other characters, too. She's also got a hilarious Twitter. She gets bonus points for Tweeting about her fashionable, famous friends like Nicole Richie.

My Mindy obsession is reaching fever pitch at the perfect time because the funny lady is releasing a book: Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me (and Other Concerns). Even the title is perfect. She released a few chapters and they have me wishing away October so I can get my hands on a copy come November. With chapters like "The Day I Stopped Eating Cupcakes," I don't see how anything could be wrong with this book. I meannn, I write about not eating cupcakes too! We're like twins!

In anticipation of her book, she launched a website, written in the same manner, The Concerns of Mindy Kaling. It's predictably adorable with a slant towards shopping.

A blog about shopping written with a twist of humor? Hmm... sounds familiar.

No comments:

Post a Comment