Thursday, November 3, 2011

as if!













Sometimes I'm attracted to a look or a piece of clothing, and there is no explanation for it. This was the case yesterday when I went into H&M while having some pairs of shoes repaired and walked out with... a plaid miniskirt. No, not tweed, not a pencil skirt. A plaid wool mini straight out of Clueless.

And then guess what I got next. Thigh high socks. What can I say? The spirit of Cher Horowitz posessed me. It's been more than 15 years since this classic debuted, so at this point, I feel like there's a novelty to emulating the quintessential 90s high school style.

Obviously, my mini won't be worn with a matching blazer, but I feel like there are cool modern ways to be inspired by these Beverly Hills queen bees. It's easy to wear it with a lady who lunches twist with a luxe cape and prim blouse, but I think it would be fun to go with a more British, outdoorsy look and maybe pair it with a different clashing plaid.

No comments:

Post a Comment