Wednesday, November 23, 2011

let's talk about black friday



Black Friday is pretty unappealing to me. First of all, the commercials. Shudder. Shopping for me is therapeutic, creative. It's either great alone time or a way to bond with friends or family, bouncing inspirations off each other. It isn't a time when I want to feel stressed, hectic or claustrophobic. Shopping is one of my favorite activities! I'd rather not hate myself, and everyone else, while doing it. And I have more respect for my clothes than to make purchases simply because I can't stand being in the mall any longer and what I really wanted was sold out but I can't leave empty-handed because I've Just. Sacrificed. Too. Much. But who am I to turn down such amazing sales? Certainly a shopaholic like me must adhere to the longstanding tradition of Black Friday.

When Black Monday came along, I finally found solace. When Black Friday/Monday became Black Seven-Days-Starting-On-Wednesday, I felt like the consumer gods had answered my prayers. Now, I can embark on my bargain hunting before the food coma, but with momentum from anticipation for Thanksgiving, and all from my own bed.

There's a lot of... well... crap, out there. I narrowed it down and here's a list of the sales I'm actually interested in!

1) Kate Spade: Starting today, 50% off select handbags, clothes and shoes
2) Asos: Starting today, 30% off winter styles
3) Gap: Starting today, up to 60% off everything
4) Banana Republic: Starting today, 30% off entire purchase with code BRJUMP30
5) Old Navy: Starting today, 15% off with code ON15OFF only today!
6) Shop Bop: Starting today, 20% off new items, and save up to $500 with code BIGEVENT
7) Steve Madden: Starting today, 25% off with code TURKEY plus Thanksgiving specials. On Black Friday, 30% off everything with code STUFFING
8) Forever 21: On Thanksgiving, save up to 75% off everything. On Black Friday, save up to 90%
9) Saks Fifth Avenue: On Thanksgiving and Black Friday, save up to 70%
10) Rachel Roy: On Cyber Monday, 40% off 

No comments:

Post a Comment