Tuesday, November 1, 2011

wintertime love to be





I'm not what you would call a "trooper" when it comes to cold weather. I fondly look back on the day I got a shawl collared, knee-length down coat as one of the happiest of my life.

Bundling up is a hobby and a skill for me. I love my felt cloche, fur trapper, knit earflap hat and collection of beanies, fedoras, etc. but hats aren't always the easiest thing to wear when you're throwing your hair in a ponytail running to work.

I've had my share of earmuffs, but they always end up being bent out of shape.

The North and Hudson shop on Etsy is like an answer to my frigid prayers.

The owner is a Chicago native, so she knows how important cold weather headgear is. The earwarmers stay put with elastic and can be customized with different materials and colors. The floral and bow accents are detachable and can also be custom made. How adorable would a leopard band with a pink bow be?

No comments:

Post a Comment